Why choose us?
All the modules and interactions on skills4studycampus have been specifically designed to hone and develop the study skills students need to perform well in their academic studies and beyond. skills4studycampus is based on Stella Cottrell's successful teaching philosophy, which empowers students to understand how they learn and take control of the learning process. The resource will be particularly useful to all students enrolled on Further and Higher Education courses.
Content you can trust
skills4studycampus has been developed by the UK market-leading study skills publisher Macmillan International Higher Education, who worked with a team of e-learning specialists to adapt the successful teaching philosophy of study skills expert Stella Cottrell for the online learning environment.
Dr Stella Cottrell is Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Learning, Teaching and Student Engagement, the University of East London, UK, and the bestselling author of The Study Skills Handbook, Skills for Success, Critical Thinking Skills and The Palgrave Student Planner. Stella was consulted at key stages in the process of planning and creating skills4studycampus and continues to be involved with the resource. Each module of skills4studycampus has been adapted from Stella's work.
Macmillan International Higher Education also worked with a team of advisors from ten different universities across the UK, who gave valuable advice on how to make skills4studycampus work for students, lecturers and librarians.
- Rachel Wood, Skills Manager, Learning Development, University of Birmingham
- Peter Brown, Computing Services Manager, School of Management, Bradford University
- Martin Sedgley, Effective Learning Advisor, Bradford University School of Management
- Professor Gina Wisker, Head of Centre for Learning and Teaching, University of Brighton
- Vanessa Airth, Business Relations and Employability Manager, London Metropolitan Business School, London Metropolitan University
- Dr Bob Price, Director, Postgraduate Awards Advancing Healthcare Practice, The Open University
- Dr Lucinda Becker, Deputy Director of the Graduate School of Social Sciences, University of Reading
- Christopher Cipkin, Team Manager for Arts and Humanities Faculty Library and Course Support Co-ordinator, University of Reading
- Jackie Chelin, Deputy Librarian, University of the West of England
- Dr Kieran Kelly, Senior Lecturer, School of Creative Arts, University of the West of England
Cutting edge study skills training
skills4studycampus continues to evolve to deliver the very best in study skills training to our subscribers. All modules available on the resource are updated by our dedicated digital editor to maximise the online platform, ensuring our content remains at the cutting edge of study skills training and in line with Stella Cottrell's tried, trusted and unique approach.
We value feedback from all our subscribers and continue to integrate this into our ongoing development of the site.
Our dedicated account support executive will work closely with you throughout your subscription to get the most out of the resource and its functionality, assist and advise you on running usage reports, and help you promote the resource within your institution with assistance from our marketing team to drive student usage. If you would like more information on the support we can offer please contact us.
Macmillan International Higher Education
Palgrave publishes learning resources for undergraduate and graduate students across a wide variety of subjects. We're known for our work in study skills, the social sciences, humanities, business and engineering. Our aim is to help students reach their potential with our high quality and innovative products.
By subscribing to skills4studycampus you will also get:
- To deliver high quality, cost effective study skills training, tailored to your students' needs, without overstretching teaching staff
- A bespoke subscription where you can select the modules which will best deliver learning that is tailored to your institutional needs
- Regular updating of the site in response to feedback delivering a constantly improving experience
- Flexible set up options, including OpenAthens and Shibboleth authentication for UK institutions
- Unlimited, concurrent access to the site for your students
- Access to a designated administrator area which allows you to run a wide range of usage reports, allowing for detailed understanding of your student needs
- The ability to add logos and custom content